Audio Mastering is the final creative stage in the production process.
-Mastering is your last chance to craft and reshape your sound before it find’s your audience.
Audio Mastering balances all of your songs to give your album a consistent sound from start to finish.
-Every song is recorded one at a time, and often crafted by multiple recording and mixing engineers, sometimes at multiple studio locations. Naturally, these songs will all have different peak levels, with different EQ structures, tones, and shapes.
-My job is to get the most out of your mixes by blending my experience with world-class analog and digital mastering tools, and my musical background and approach to mastering, to give your album consistency from track to track, as well as to ensure a pleasant listening experience on all playback devices and systems.
Mastering requires critical listening on perfectly accurate monitors, within a tuned studio environment.
-The mastering studio contains a powerful combination of hand chosen cutting edge technology, classic tube and solid-state gear, as well as custom monitoring and acoustical treatment designed by Fran Manzella.
Why Hire Me?
As a Mastering Engineer, I can do so much more than make your mixes louder and clearer….
- I will make your record sound excellent on all audio playback systems and devices.
- I have a personal and musical approach to mastering. Every mastering project is customized for your musical goals. Let’s talk about your sound today, call me directly on my cell phone: 704-641-1690.
- I can prepare your mixes for every mode of production including CD Manufacturing, Digital Downloads and Streaming, Mastered for iTunes, as well as Mastering for Vinyl.
- In some cases, I can often fix unforeseen errors in the mix including EQ, De-Es, Dynamics, Compression, Phase and other issues.
- I can add your ISRC codes (which is required for digital distribution.) Click here to apply for ISRC codes.
- I can also add CD-Text including Artist, Title, and Track Names to your final master.
- I have a 100% Satisfaction and Quality Guarantee.
- And if your still not convinced, I’ll even send you a Free Sample Master so you can hear the difference for yourself.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET YOUR MATERIAL MASTERED FOR ITUNES?
In 2011, all of digital music sales had surpassed physical sales for the first time ever. Since Itunes controls 66% of the digital market, this means that most people are consuming your music from Itunes and Apple Music.
When your music is submitted to Itunes it is converted to their AAC format. This process allows Apple to reduce the amount of data while maintaining high sound quality. However, these files are not as high quality as a CD.
In February 2012, Apple released a statement concerning the Mastering for Itunes process along with software to make the mastering process less time consuming. Before this development, all masters had to be manually converted into Apple’s AAC format. The 2 files would then be compared and the original master would be adjusted to compensate for the quality loss. This process was repeated until the converted AAC file sounded as close as possible to the original master file.
Having your material Mastered for Itunes is an investment in your art and your brand. The better your final product sounds on iTunes, the stronger impact it will have on the listener. Having a Mastered for Itunes version of your album will make your fans happy, and give you a leg up come promotion time.
Contact me today at 704-641-1690 to discuss this exciting new development in digital distribution.